Rules & Guidelines
Revised January 2006
RADFORD AUTO AUCTION ACTS ONLY AS AGENT AND MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO CONDITION AND MILEAGE OF ANY VEHICLE.
THE AUCTION IS NOT A PARTY TO THE CONTRACT OF SALE, WHICH IS BETWEEN THE SELLER AND BUYER ONLY. IF A BUYER WALKS OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT COMPLETE A TRANSACTION, THE AUCTION DOES NOT OWN THE UNIT.
ALL DEALERS WHO DO BUSINESS AT RADFORD AUTO AUCTION AGREE TO ABIDE BY OUR RULES. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE POLICIES MAY RESULT IN REVOCATION OF AUCTION PRIVILEGES.
DECISIONS OF THE AUCTION MANAGEMENT OR ARBITRATION DEPARTMENT WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL PARTIES CONCERNED.
CARS SOLD FOR $2,000.00 OR LESS ARE SOLD AS IS UNDER RED LIGHT. NO TURN DOWN FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT TITLE PROBLEMS AND FRAME DAMAGE OR MILEAGE DISCREPANCY.
1. This is a “LICENSED DEALER ONLY AUCTION”. Please do not bring retail customers to the sale. This is unfair to you and other customers. Keep in mind this is a WHOLESALE auction for DEALERS ONLY. Any person not authorized to be here will be asked to leave.
2. The Auction is not responsible for vehicles consigned to sale or left on premises. We reserve the right to hold title on new & unapproved dealers until checks are cleared at Dealers bank. Titles are guaranteed for 30 days only. Please compare your titles to the vehicle as soon as possible. All dealers are urged to notify Radford Auto Auction, Inc., of any change in their financial condition or other circumstances that may jeopardize your privileges to do business at Radford Auto Auction, Inc.
3. Seller is responsible to make sure announced conditions are written on sale ticket. The Auction is not responsible for any announcements. It is the responsibility of the buyer to listen to announced conditions and to sight check the sale ticket before signing it to insure he knows all conditions announced. Check paperwork when signing for vehicle.
4. Buyers should satisfy yourself as to the vehicle’s condition before approving your purchase. Breakdowns or subsequent problems are not grounds for bring backs.
5. Any vehicles left on premises are done so at the owner’s risk. Radford Auto Auction will not assume responsibility for any personal items brought to the sale such as tow bars, CB’s, fuzz busters, tags, briefcases, etc.
6. The Dealer who sells a vehicle for someone else is responsible for the condition of the vehicle through the dealership. Checks written to Dealers only.
7. Payment for Purchases. Please settle or approve vehicle promptly. This will make it more convenient for all concerned. Radford Auto Auction will not condone a Dealer initiating “Stop Payment” on his check for any reason. Violators will be barred from this sale and legal action will be taken to collect funds due. BUYERS MUST PAY ON THE DAY OF THE AUCTION; Payment is to be made by company check, floor plan or cash. Method of payment is subject to Auction Approval. Failure to pay on sale day could result in a $50.00 ADMINISTRATION Fee Plus interest charges per unit.
8. Non-Auction Block Sales: All sales must be transacted through the auction office and fees paid. Violators will be barred from sale. Vehicles purchased other than through auction block are not subject to arbitration, however, checks and titles will be protected by the auction.
9. Persons found tampering with or removing equipment from vehicles will be subject to suspension from the sale and will be prosecuted. Dealers will be held responsible for the actions of their employees. Suspected Tampering of odometers will be dealt with on an individual basis and proper authorities will be notified.
10. Use of our buyer’s card is a privilege and is nontransferable. Radford Auto Auction may revoke the Dealer’s privileges when deemed necessary and the holder must return the card(s) upon demand. Dealer using a card agrees to abide by all the policies of this Auction and agrees to pay for vehicles purchased. A Dealer will be responsible for all transactions conducted at this Auction in which the Dealer and/or his representative may be involved. It is requested that all Dealer use their I.D. card when buying and selling. This identification card will be prepared upon receipt by us of the necessary documents. It is easy to make mistakes and we have many customers with similar names. The use of such I.D. will speed up the processing of documents and checks. You are reminded your firm will be held accountable for all transactions. Radford Auto Auction will not pay for any unit until settlement is made by buyer.
11. Children On Premises. The possibility of children becoming injured by running among vehicle concerns us. DO NOT BRING CHILDREN TO SALE.
12. Vehicles left on our property over 10 days will be subject to a storage charge determined by Auto Auction.
13. Radford Auto Auction reserves the right to change its rules without notice.
*DEALER REQUIRED ANNOUNCEMENTS*
THE SELLER, NOT THE AUCTION, WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE ALL PROPER ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR VEHICLES OFFERED FOR SALE. SELLER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO INSURE THE YEAR, MODEL & ODOMETER INFORMATION IS CORRECTLY WRITTEN ON THE DESCRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE AND INVOICE. WINDSHIELD DESCRIPTIONS AND HANDOUT, WRITTEN OR PRINTED BY THE AUCTION ARE FOR COURTESY ONLY, AND CAN NOT BE ARBITRATED.
The seller must announce from the block if the odometer is broken, changed, mileage unknown, if the mileage is different from the mileage on the odometer, or is in excess of 100,000 miles. Radford Auto Auction assumes no responsibility of odometers statements. The seller is responsible for accuracy of odometer statements and must ensure the correct mileage is shown on sale ticket.
Return of Vehicle to Seller
The following are the only acceptable reasons for returning a vehicle through the Radford Auto Auction.
(a) Improper Title: Any problem which can not be corrected within 30 days.
(b) Non-Receipt of title when purchased-title attached, and title not available within 30 days.
(c) Frame Damage: Existing frame damage, repaired damage or rusted out frames must be announced and documented on the sale sheet at the time of sale. Improper frame repairs will be considered as existing frame damage. The announced condition “frame damage but repaired” will not allow a vehicle to be sold if repairs are not proper, as determined by our arbitrator. Any damage found must be reported within five (5) working days from date of sale. Prior to return of the vehicle a written frame inspection showing what damage exists with an estimated cost of repair is required. This report must be made on “letterhead” stationary and from a reputable frame establishment. The Auction, at its discretion may have the vehicle checked for frame damage. In the event there is frame damage the cost will be bourne by the Seller. In the event there is no frame damage the cost will be bourne by Purchaser. The auction reserves the right to refuse a report if documentation appears questionable. It is the buyer’s responsibility to prove there is a problem with the vehicle.
Auction Block Lights
Buyer & Seller Responsible For Announced Conditions
GREEN LIGHT: With Drive. Unit is mechanically sound. The Buyer has the right to try out the unit. Seller grants the right to drive. Any accident or mishap resulting from a drive or try-out is between buyer and seller. Only seller grants the right to drive vehicle.
100,000 WHITE LIGHT: unit being sold has over 100,000 miles, MUST BE ANNOUNCED
RED LIGHT: These units cannot be rejected because of defects, improper title excluded. “AS IS” definition-no turn down. Just “AS IS”. All vehicles registered and sold “AS IS” are not subject to arbitration for any reason other than odometer problems, salvage titles, salvage history, flood or frame damage. Taxis, Police vehicles, water or fire damaged vehicles must be announced and sold under the RED LIGHT.
YELLOW LIGHT: Announced defects and unknown mileage.
BLUE LIGHT: Title attached- Means the seller does not have an assignable title with him. The seller has 30 days, exclusive of Saturday, Sunday and Holidays to provide the title. The Buyer’s check is not deposited by the Auction until the title is received. The Buyer is cautioned not to sell or spend money on the vehicle until the title is received. Radford Auto Auction will not reimburse any funds for expenses paid for repairs incurred resulting from the sale of a vehicle where the title was not received. Buyer must make arrangements with the Auction before returning a vehicle. If the Auction has received the title, the Buyer cannot return the vehicle.
The following items will not be grounds for adjustments or rejections.
(A) Auction Arbitrator’s Decision is final to both seller & buyer. A $25.00 fee will be assessed to either party deemed responsible for deliberate alteration of a vehicle, misrepresentation of a vehicle or repeated abuse of arbitration. Repeated abuse may be subject to termination of auction privileges. Sale day is day 1 in all arbitrations.
(B) Any sales $2000,00 or less is automatically an “AS IS’ transaction, even it the seller announces the car “With Drive”. Same as sold under red light.
(C) Obvious visual defects, smoking, blow-by, glass, body, upholstery headlights, convertible tops and etc.
(D) Boats, trailers, motorcycles, kit vehicles and farm equipment sold “AS IS” regardless of price and will not be arbitration for any reason.
(E) Any single item of repair costing $500.00 or less WILL NOT be subject to arbitration. Please do not bring to arbitration. Radford Auto Auction will not get involved.
(F) All disputes must be settled on the day of sale. We will not arbitrate a vehicle once it has left the sale property. The decision of the Arbitrator and/or Auction Management is final in all disputes.
(G) Vehicles with salvage history must be announced and sold under “RED LIGHT”
(H) Air conditioning functionality will not be an arbitratable consideration
on vehicles over three years old. (Current year, back 2 years).
(I) Check engines, ABS, SRS, air bags, traction control and or any other warning or information lights are not subject to arbitration. The seller is reasonable for all announces conditions. Buyers should satisfy yourself
As to the vehicle’s condition before approving your purchase. Breakdowns or subsequent problems are not grounds for bring backs.
(J) Inoperable radios, gauges, security systems, sunroofs, convertible tops, power windows, power sliding doors, etc. are not subject to arbitration.
(K) No arbitration on any Dodge, Jeep or Chrysler products for rear end noise. 2001 or older.
(L) All sale day arbitrations must be submitted to arbitration by the conclusion of business on sale day by end of sale.
(M) Vehicles must be returned to the auction in at least the same condition that it was when originally sold. Otherwise, buyer will be responsible for charges to bring unit back to original selling condition. Buying dealer is allowed mileage to & from his/her facility only, plus 50 miles for demo purposes. Each mile thereafter, the buyer will be assessed a fee of $.25 per mile.
*SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION*
(A) Transmission, clutch-differential, motor defects or bearing noise. Cracked or welded cylinder blocks. Air bags restraint system. ABS braking system.
(B) Air conditioning units-if factory installed 5 years old or newer, based on September 1.
(C) Mileage discrepancy, Frame damage, rusted out of frame repair must be announced on any vehicle sold. Any frame damage found must be reported within (5) days from date of sale. This defect or an error in the title are the only reason a vehicle may be returned. Seller is responsible for reimbursing Auction for any returned vehicle. The Auction will not go back on any previous seller.
(D) All disputes must be settled at the time of sale, before leaving premises.
Following Policies are enforced On “Titles”
(A) Titles “Must be negotiable” to buying dealer’s state before Payment will be made.
(B) If a title is not received by the auction within 30 days and the 30th Day is on a weekend, Federal holiday, or Auction holiday, the final day becomes the next business day. Seller will be assessed auction fees and buyer’s transportation expenses on all “30 day late title” and turndowns. Buying dealer is allowed mileage to & from his/her facility only, plus 50 miles for demo purposed. Each mile thereafter, the buyer will be assessed a fee of $.25 per mile. BUYER YOU ARE CAUTIONED NOT TO SELL OR SPEND MONEY ON ANY VEHICLE WITHOUT A TITLE.
(C) If the title is at the auction, in the email to the buyer, the sale is “Final” and the vehicle may not be returned.
(D) Auction will assist in obtaining duplicate titles (Fees may be Assessed) but will not be liable for titles “lost in transit” from the seller or to the buyer.