Rules & Guidelines
RADFORD AUTO AUCTION ACTS ONLY AS AN AGENT AND MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO CONDITION AND MILEAGE OF ANY VEHICLE.
THE AUCTION IS NOT A PARTY IN THE CONTRACT OF SALE, WHICH IS BETWEEN THE SELLER AND BUYER ONLY. IF A BUYER WALKS, THE AUCTION DOES NOT OWN THE UNIT. ALL DEALERS WHO DO BUSINESS AT RADFORD AUTO AUCTION AGREE TO ABIDE BY OUR RULES. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE POLICIES MAY RESULT IN REVOCATION OF AUCTION PRIVILEGES.
DECISIONS OF THE AUCTION MANAGEMENT OR THE ARBITRATION DEPARTMENT WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL PARTIES CONCERNED.
CARS SOLD FOR $2000.00 OR LESS ARE SOLD AS IS, UNDER THE RED LIGHT. NO TURN DOWN FOR ANY REASON, EXCEPT TITLE ISSUES AND/OR FRAME DAMAGE AND/OR MILEAGE DISCREPANCY.
- The Auction is not responsible for vehicles consigned to sale or left on the premises.
- We reserve the right to hold the title on new & unapproved dealers until checks are cleared & we have received the appropriate forms. Titles are guaranteed for 45 days only. Please compare your titles to the vehicle as soon as possible.
- All dealers are urged to notify Radford Auto Auction, Inc of any change in their financial condition or other circumstances that may jeopardize your privileges to do business.
- Seller is responsible to announce any known conditions of the vehicle. The Auction is NOT responsible for any announcements.
- Buyer is responsible to listen to announced conditions and to sight check the BOS before signing it to ensure he/she knows all announced conditions.
- Buyers should check vehicle’s conditions before approving purchases. Breakdowns or subsequent problems are not grounds for arbitrations.
- Any vehicle left on the premises is done so at the owner’s risk. Radford Auto Auction will not assume responsibility for any personal items.
- Payment for purchases are to be settled or approved promptly. This will make it more convenient for all concerned. Radford Auto Auction will not condone a dealer initiating “Stop Payment” on a check for any reason. Violators will be barred from the sale and legal action will be taken to collect funds due. PAYMENT IS DUE DAY OF THE SALE by company check, floor plan, or cash. Method of payment is subject to Auction approval. Failure to pay on sale day could result in a $100 administration fee plus interest charges per unit.
- Non-Auction block sales are forbidden. All sales must be transacted through the auction office and fees paid. Violators will be barred from the sale. Vehicles purchased outside the auction block are sold “As Is” and are not subject to arbitration, however, checks and titles will be protected by the auction.
- Persons found tampering with or removing equipment from vehicles will be subject to suspension from the sale and will be prosecuted. Dealers will be held responsible for the actions of their employees and/or guests. Suspected tampering of odometers will be dealt with on an individual basis and proper authorities will be notified.
- Dealer agrees to abide by all the policies of this Auction and agrees to pay for vehicles purchased. Dealer will be responsible for all transactions conducted at this Auction in which the Dealer and/or their representative may be involved. Radford Auto Auction may revoke the Dealer’s privileges when deemed necessary. You are reminded your firm will be held accountable for all transactions. Radford Auto Auction will not pay for any unit until settlement is made by the buyer.
- Children are not allowed in Auction lanes. The possibility of children becoming injured by running among vehicles concerns us. Please do not bring children to the sale.
- Vehicles left on our property over 14 days will be subject to a storage charge determined by the Auction.
DEALER REQUIRED ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Seller, NOT the Auction, will be responsible to make all proper announcements for vehicles offered for sale. Seller will be responsible to insure the year, model, & odometer information is correctly written on the description of the vehicle and BOS. Windshield descriptions and handout, written or printed by the Auction, are for courtesy only and can not be used for arbitration purposes.
The Seller must announce from the block if the odometer is broken, changed, mileage unknown, if the mileage is different from the mileage on the odometer, or in excess of 100,000 miles. Radford Auto Auction assumes no responsibility for odometer statements, and the Seller is responsible for accuracy of odometer statements and must ensure the correct mileage is shown on the BOS.
Return of Vehicle to Seller
The following are the only acceptable reasons for returning a vehicle through the Radford Auto Auction:
- Improper title where any problem that can not be corrected within 45 days
- Non-Receipt of title when purchased Title-Attached & title is not available within 45 days
- 24 hour notice to the Auction is required prior to returning the vehicle for no title. If the Auction receives the title, the Buyer can not be returned.
- Frame damage that is found and reported within five (5) business days from date of sale. Existing frame damage, repaired damage, or rusted frames must be announced and documented on the BOS at the time of sale. Prior to return of the vehicle a written frame inspection report showing what damage exists with an estimated cost of repair is required. The report must be made on letterhead and from a reputable frame establishment. The Auction, at its discretion, may have the vehicle checked for frame damage. In the event there is damage, the cost will be the responsibility of the Seller. In the event there is no damage, the cost will be the responsibility of the Buyer. The Auction reserves the right to refuse a report if documentation appears questionable.
Auction Block Lights
Buyer & Seller Responsible For Announced Conditions
GREEN LIGHT: With Drive
Vehicle is mechanically sound. The Seller grants the Buyer to test drive the vehicle. Any accident or mishap resulting from a test drive is between the Seller and Buyer.
100,000 WHITE LIGHT: MUST BE ANNOUNCED
Unit being sold has over 100,000 miles
RED LIGHT: Vehicle sold AS IS
Vehicle cannot be rejected because of defects (improper title excluded). AS IS defines no turn down, not subject to arbitration for any reason other than odometer issues, salvage history or title, flood damage or frame damage. Taxis, police vehicles, water or fire damage vehicles must be announced and sold under this category.
YELLOW LIGHT: Conditions
Seller must announce any and all known defects and unknown mileage.
BLUE LIGHT: Title-Attach
Seller does not have the vehicle title with them on sale day. The Seller has 45 days to produce a good title. The Buyer’s check is not deposited by the Auction until the title is received from the Seller. THE BUYER IS CAUTIONED NOT TO SELL OR SPEND ANY MONEY ON THE VEHICLE UNTIL THE TITLE IS RECEIVED. Radford Auto Auction will not reimburse for any expenses accrued on a vehicle where a title has not been received.
The following items will not be grounds for adjustments or rejections.
(A) Auction Arbitrator’s Decision is final to both seller & buyer. A $25.00 fee will be assessed to either party deemed responsible for deliberate alteration of a vehicle, misrepresentation of a vehicle or repeated abuse of arbitration. Repeated abuse may be subject to termination of auction privileges. Sale day is day 1 in all arbitrations.
(B) Any sales $2000,00 or less is automatically an “AS IS’ transaction, even it the seller announces the car “With Drive”. Same as sold under red light.
(C) Obvious visual defects, smoking, blow-by, glass, body, upholstery headlights, convertible tops and etc.
(D) Boats, trailers, motorcycles, kit vehicles and farm equipment sold “AS IS” regardless of price and will not be arbitration for any reason.
(E) Any single item of repair costing $500.00 or less WILL NOT be subject to arbitration. Please do not bring to arbitration. Radford Auto Auction will not get involved.
(F) All disputes must be settled on the day of sale. We will not arbitrate a vehicle once it has left the sale property. The decision of the Arbitrator and/or Auction Management is final in all disputes.
(G) Vehicles with salvage history must be announced and sold under “RED LIGHT”
(H) Air conditioning functionality will not be an arbitratable consideration
on vehicles over three years old. (Current year, back 2 years).
(I) Check engines, ABS, SRS, air bags, traction control and or any other warning or information lights are not subject to arbitration. The seller is reasonable for all announces conditions. Buyers should satisfy yourself
As to the vehicle’s condition before approving your purchase. Breakdowns or subsequent problems are not grounds for bring backs.
(J) Inoperable radios, gauges, security systems, sunroofs, convertible tops, power windows, power sliding doors, etc. are not subject to arbitration.
(K) No arbitration on any Dodge, Jeep or Chrysler products for rear end noise. 2001 or older.
(L) All sale day arbitrations must be submitted to arbitration by the conclusion of business on sale day by end of sale.
(M) Vehicles must be returned to the auction in at least the same condition that it was when originally sold. Otherwise, buyer will be responsible for charges to bring unit back to original selling condition. Buying dealer is allowed mileage to & from his/her facility only, plus 50 miles for demo purposes. Each mile thereafter, the buyer will be assessed a fee of $.25 per mile.